User Interface Art & User Experience Design
Style Development & Art Direction
2d & 3d Game Art & Animation
Environment & Character Design
Illustration / Pixel / Vector Art
Work History & Gameography
ArenaNet (current) | UI Artist/Designer
Guild Wars 2
Zynga | Senior UI Designer
Candescent Games | Art Director
Mindspark | Preproduction Artist
Stolen Goose | Founder/Art Director
ScamperGhost, FarmBee, GlomboPop, Save The Goons. Z-Drum
Sony Online Entertainment | Senior Environment Artist
Volition, Inc. | UI Artist Level 2
2k Sports | Senior Environment Artist
Vicious Cycle Software | Senior Artist/Animator & UI Artist
Dinotopia: A Sunstone Odyssee
Sony Online Entertainment | User Interface Artist & Concept Artist
Ion Storm / 7th Level | Senior Artist
Daikatana, Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3, G-NOME
- 20 years of game development art experience across several art disciplines on a variety of platforms for large studios, smaller startups, and independently as a Flash game developer.
- Designed & assembled interface modules in a live Facebook social game environment at Zynga using proprietary RAD Interface Tools. (CoasterVille)
- Created & animated all vector art, animation, characters, terrain tiles, UI, icons, and effects for Facebook social game prototype Crystal Lake.
- Created pre-production concept art & Flash ads for click-testing a variety of game concepts including Dungeon Busters (Dungeon Rampage Prototype) at Mindspark
- Created art & style for 5 profitable small Flash games. (Stolen Goose)
- Negotiated contracts with favorable developer terms & licensed original Flash games to premium game portals (MaxGames.com, Gimme5Games.com, Spil Group, Newgrounds.com, NotDoppler.com)
- Worked on games made for PC, Flash, iOS, Facebook, Gamecube, Xbox/Xbox 360 & PS3
- Created real-time lighting for almost all cave levels & 24 hour day/night cycles in most outdoor environments for Sony Online Entertainment’s Free Realms.
- Designed, created, and directed environment level art with assistance of two environment artists for the Sprite-themed Slam Dunk contest including an on-location texture shoot in Vegas (featured content in 2kSports NBA2k8)
- Created basic scripts and maintained shared Maya MEL script shelf for NBA2k8 environment team.
- Reviewed & managed outsourced assets from China to ensure incoming 3d models were up to 2kSports standards.
- Modeled, textured, rigged & animated a variety of characters, creatures, weapons, prop models & environments for 8 shipped console & PC games (Free Realms, NBA2k7/2k8, Saints Row, Dinotopia, Daikatana, Dominion, G-NOME, etc.)
Greater Seattle Area