User Interface Artist & Designer ( UI/UX Designer ) with a background in illustration, concept art, 3d modeling, and animation.
Skills & Abilities
- With a primary interest in user interface art & design, I create easy to understand and navigate game and application interfaces and experiences with highly polished visuals and modern usability.
- General illustration & art direction, with ability to create a unique 2d or 3d look for a project.
- General 2d concept art and 3d modeling/animation skills.
Work History & Gameography
ArenaNet (current) | UI Artist/Designer
Guild Wars 2
Zynga | Senior UI Designer
Candescent Games | Art Director
Mindspark | Preproduction Artist
Stolen Goose | Founder/Art Director
ScamperGhost, FarmBee, GlomboPop, Save The Goons. Z-Drum
Sony Online Entertainment | Senior Environment Artist
Volition, Inc. | UI Artist Level 2
2k Sports | Senior Environment Artist
Vicious Cycle Software | Senior Artist/Animator & UI Artist
Dinotopia: A Sunstone Odyssee
Sony Online Entertainment | User Interface Artist & Concept Artist
Ion Storm / 7th Level | Senior Artist
Daikatana, Dominion: Storm Over Gift 3, G-NOME
- 20 years of game development art experience across several art disciplines on a variety of platforms for large studios, smaller startups, and independently as a Flash game developer.
- Designed & assembled interface modules in a live Facebook social game environment at Zynga using proprietary RAD Interface Tools. (CoasterVille)
- Created & animated all vector art, animation, characters, terrain tiles, UI, icons, and effects for Facebook social game prototype Crystal Lake.
- Created pre-production concept art & Flash ads for click-testing a variety of game concepts including Dungeon Busters (Dungeon Rampage Prototype) at Mindspark
- Created art & style for 5 profitable small Flash games. (Stolen Goose)
- Negotiated contracts with favorable developer terms & licensed original Flash games to premium game portals (MaxGames.com, Gimme5Games.com, Spil Group, Newgrounds.com, NotDoppler.com)
- Worked on games made for PC, Flash, iOS, Facebook, Gamecube, Xbox/Xbox 360 & PS3
- Created real-time lighting for almost all cave levels & 24 hour day/night cycles in most outdoor environments for Sony Online Entertainment’s Free Realms.
- Designed, created, and directed environment level art with assistance of two environment artists for the Sprite-themed Slam Dunk contest including an on-location texture shoot in Vegas (featured content in 2kSports NBA2k8)
- Created basic scripts and maintained shared Maya MEL script shelf for NBA2k8 environment team.
- Reviewed & managed outsourced assets from China to ensure incoming 3d models were up to 2kSports standards.
- Modeled, textured, rigged & animated a variety of characters, creatures, weapons, prop models & environments for 8 shipped console & PC games (Free Realms, NBA2k7/2k8, Saints Row, Dinotopia, Daikatana, Dominion, G-NOME, etc.)
Awards, Honors & Features
- Featured Artist on ArtRevolution.com · 2017, 2016
- Featured on Behance Illustration for my "New York Dangerboat" Collection · Sep 26, 2016
- Moleskine Artist of the Month · Sep 2016
- Featured on Behance.net Main Page for my "Bridges Over Redbrick Weapontruck" Collection · Sep 3, 2016
- Featured on the You Will Rise Anti-bullying Project for "Quick, Stop the Bully Drop!" · un 2, 2016
- Interviewed for "3 Questions: The Book" by Jeremy Burnich · Mar 3, 2016
- Interviewed by Eclectix.com · Feb 16, 2015
- Bready Award from Your Daily Bread · 015
- Article on DoodlersAnonymous.com: "Junkyard Sam's Progress Sketches" · ep 17, 2008
- Showcased in the Speakerdog! show at Cafe Pause in Tokyo · Mar 2008
Greater Seattle Area
425 · 524 · 3212